Volunteers needed for the Portland Fair, please help us make this event a great success!
Dates: Oct. 7-9, 2016
All volunteers are welcome. This is a great opportunity for;
- Students looking to fulfill their community service requirement.
- Adults to help during the event, as well as, evenings the week leading up to the fair with 'set up' (i.e., tents and tables).
Provide 4+ hours of time during the event to receive a complimentary food and beverage voucher (burger/hot dog, chips and bottle water).
There is something for everyone; volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Accepting/selling tickets at the entrance gates
- Surveying guest about their experience at the fair
- Offering relief for exhibitors (sitting with the craft entries for example)
- Driving a golf cart to collect trash
- Providing guests assistance by;
- Driving a golf cart transporting people with special needs
- Note: A valid CT Driver's license is required in order to operate a golf cart. A Fair Committee member may request to see your license before operating a vehicle can commence.
- Offering assistance to folks getting on and off busses (to/from the event)
Please provide your contact information and the date(s) and time(s) you are available to work.
Plan to arrive ½ hour before your scheduled time to work to allow for parking and check-in.
Please indicate the time(s) you are available to work:
Option A: Thu. Oct. 6 @ 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Option B: Fri. Oct. 7 @ 10am - 2pm
Option C: Fri. Oct. 7 @ 2pm – 5pm
Option 1: Fri. Oct. 7 @ 5pm - 11pm
Option 2: Sat. Oct. 8 @ 9:30am - 1pm
Option 3: Sat. Oct. 8 @ 1pm - 5pm
Option 4: Sat. Oct. 8 @ 5pm -10pm
Option 5: Sun. Oct. 9 @ 9am - 1pm
Option 6: Sun. Oct. 9 @ 1pm - 6pm
Option: Mon. Oct. 10 @ 8am – noon
What would you like to volunteer doing?
When is the best time to contact you?
What is the best way to contact you?
If you have questions regarding the content of this message, please contact me directly via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling me at (860)833-8106.
On behalf of the Portland Fair committee, we all appreciate your consideration to volunteer with us. We look forward to seeing you at the event.