1. Entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
2. Judging for the entire department will be on the Danish System (all exhibits judged on their own merits and not in
competition with other entries). Multiple awards can be given in a class. No prizes will be given if the judges feel there is
no merit. Any worthy entry other than those listed may be awarded premiums at the discretion of the judges.
3. Exhibits will be under observation at all times during the fair. Security guards will be on duty during the night, however
the Association is not responsible for anything damaged, lost or stolen.
4. Limit is one entry per category. All classes require two (2) jars of the same kind for each class entered.
5. All entries must have been canned between October 2015 and September 2016. Jars must be clean, standard canning
size and labeled with Class Letter, Number, and Date Processed.
6. Jams and Jellies must be in standard canning glasses, jam jars or 1/2-pint jars. Jars must have canning lids with rings.
No wax allowed.
6. Entry forms must be received by mail, no later than Tuesday, October 4th. Absolutely no entries will be accepted
after that date. The committee will accept exhibits on Thursday, October 6th between 5:00-7:00 pm. No unregistered
entries will be accepted.
6. Exhibits must be picked up on Sunday, October 9th between 5:30-7:00 pm. No exhibits to be removed before
5:30 pm Sunday. Exhibits not picked up by 7:00 pm will be discarded. Any winnings will be donated back to the Portland Fair.
Prizes - Premiums & Ribbons
1st: $4.00 2nd: $3.00 3rd: $2.00